If a minimum of three events eligible for the 2020/21 Women’s Excel Points Race are reached, three pre-qualifier berths will be awarded as originally planned, which are in order:
● The defending provincial champion will receive berth #1.
● The highest ranked teams from the Women’s Excel Points Race standings will receive berths #2 and #3.
In this instance, the remaining five berths will be determined by the process described below. If the minimum of three events that are eligible for the 2020/21 Women’s Excel Points Race are not reached, the defending champion will receive a berth as originally planned, and the remaining seven berths will be determined by the process described below:
- Each individual player will be awarded 25% of their team’s Canadian Team Ranking System (CTRS) points from the 2019-‘20 Year-to-Date Standings (alternate players do not get credit for the team’s point totals).
- Based on the team rosters submitted online at registration, each individual player’s total will be added together to form the total 2019-‘20 CTRS points for each complete team.
- Those totals will be added to their current team’s Excel Points Race standings this season.
All teams who qualify for a provincial spot will be notified and will be instructed on how to pay the registration fee by the January 4th deadline.