As previously planned, in order, four prequalifying berths will be awarded:
● The defending provincial champion will receive berth #1.
● The highest ranked team using the point totals from all qualifying PTRS events will receive berth #2.
● The highest ranked teams from the Men’s Excel Points Race standings will receive berths #3 and #4.
Points from the 2019/’20 Canadian Team Rankings System (CTRS) in combination with the 2020/’21 Excel Points Race will be used to determine the top eight eligible teams to complete the 12-team field as per the process below:
- Each individual player will be awarded 25% of their team’s Canadian Team Ranking System (CTRS) points from the 2019-‘20 Year-to-Date Standings (alternate players will not receive credit for the team’s point totals).
- Based on the team rosters submitted online at registration deadline, each individual player’s total will be added together to form the total 2019-‘20 CTRS points for each complete team.
- Those totals will be added to their current team’s Excel Points this season. The eligibility period for the accumulation of Excel Points will be extended to January 4th.
All teams who qualify for a provincial spot will be notified and will be instructed on how to pay the registration fee by the January 4th deadline.