All events must submit an online application to sanction an event on the Alberta Curling Tour.
Curling Alberta will endeavor to cooperatively orchestrate a logical schedule that prioritizes existing events. If two or more events request overlapping dates and are deemed likely to draw from a competing population of curlers, and we are unable to facilitate an agreed solution, the event that submitted its application first will be prioritized.
Each event sanction fee will:
1. Secure your event dates on the Alberta Curling Tour schedule. When your sanction is approved, your event will be the only one approved to award Excel Points on those dates in that category in your geographical region (defined as events that are likely to draw from a competing population of curlers).
2. Qualify your event for Excel Points.
3. Assist with advertising through Curling Alberta’s website, social media, and emails directly to clubs and competitive curlers.
4. Be applied directly (100%) to the prize money purse for the Tour Championship and tour prizing.
All sanctioned Alberta Curling Tour events must:
- Use a preferred format (i.e.- triple knockout, modified double knockout draw, or pool play). Alternative formats must be approved in advance by Curling Alberta.
- Have a minimum number of eight teams compete.
- Have a minimum entry fee of $300 per team.
- Qualify a maximum of 50% of the field for playoffs.
- Follow Curling Canada’s Rules for Curling for General Play including the Five Rock Free Guard Zone rule for all games.
- Have 8 end games unless extra ends are required to break a tie.
- Have open entry availability (i.e.- events may not be exclusive to invited teams).
- Comply with all eligibility conditions for CTRS points.
- Be hosted at a club that is a member in good standing with Curling Alberta.
- Follow all applicable health authority regulations and Curling Alberta’s Return to Play Guidelines to ensure events are safe for participants.
It is recommended that events distribute a prize money purse equal to at least 75% of the entry fees collected.
In submitting this sanctioning fee, you are agreeing to abide by the Alberta Curling Tour's minimum standards for tour events.
Curling Alberta will receive a confirmation once you've submitted your Alberta Curling Tour sanction fee and will be in contact with you regarding the approval process for Alberta Curling Tour event sanction.